Indonesia, Southeast Asia’s largest economy continues to see growth momentum despite the slowdown in the global economy. The World Bank expects Indonesia’s GDP to expand to 5.2 percent this year,...
2020 was a challenging year for everyone as lives and businesses were disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
RGE business groups began the year by showing its steadfast support to its nearby communities. We worked with partners to support our communities. We collectively responded to the crisis by procuring and providing much needed medical supplies, as well as numerous other forms of support and relief for families particularly hard hit by the pandemic.
But 2020 was also a year in which RGE reaffirmed our commitment to sustainability. April, Sateri and Asia Symbol respectively launched their 2030 sustainability commitments, comprising measurable targets and goals in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
RGE’s business groups worked diligently to further evolve our operations by launching new product lines, expanding production capacity, innovative uses of technology, among others. Take a look at our 2020 highlights video featuring:
- Indonesia President Joko Widodo inaugurated Asia Pacific Rayon (APR)
- Apical launched SMILE
- More Sateri operations obtained EU-BAT certification, further boosted by a new R&D centre in Shandong
- Sateri launched Finex™, also expanded into Lyocell production
- Asia Symbol‘s Rizhao Mill Lyocell line began production
- Asia Symbol signed investment agreement with Jiangmen government in Guangdong province
- Additional investment of R$1 billion in new production processes in Bracell Sao Paulo
- PO&G‘s Rudong LNG Receiving Terminal commenced phase 3 construction
- PO&G’s Woodfibre LNG signed a construction security agreement with FortisBC
- PO&G’s Pacific Canbriam Energy exceeded production targets
View RGE 2020 Highlights video below.