The Woodfibre LNG Project received environmental approval from the Canadian federal government on March 18, 2016. This caps off more than two and a half years of intense work by...
2017 was a significant year for the RGE group of companies, as RGE marked its 50th anniversary since Founder and Chairman Sukanto Tanoto started his first business in Medan, Indonesia.
The milestone year was marked by various breakthroughs achieved by RGE business groups, in line with the existing Cs (Community, Country, Climate and Company) as well as the newly added fifth ‘C’ (good for Customer).
Some of the highlights in the video include:
- RGE business groups celebrate RGE 50 and renew commitment to RGE core values
- RGE Chairman Sukanto Tanoto adds fifth ‘C’ – Customer – to RGE’s business philosophy
- APRIL ranks second in the world in SPOTT Assessment by Zoological Society of London
- APRIL’s RER programme publishes Kampar Peninsula’s biodiversity and bird checklist reports
- Multi-stakeholder group Fire Free Alliance expands to include two new members
- Asia Symbol’s second fine paper line begins operations
- Sateri signs an investment agreement to expand its viscose fibre capacity
- Sateri releases first sustainability report
- Sateri viscose mill receives Sustainable Textile Production (STeP) certification
- Asian Agri launches One to One Commitment
- Asian Agri aids independent smallholder group in Indonesia to earn ISPO certification
- Apical publishes first sustainability report
- Pacific Oil & Gas commits to co-develop the Guangzhou LNG Peak-shaving Terminal
- Woodfibre LNG Limited awarded 40-year export licence by Canadian government
- ‘One Belt, One Road’ talent training programme launched
We look forward to yet another fruitful year for RGE in 2018. Stay tuned to Inside RGE as we continue to give you exciting updates on RGE and all our business groups.